Hy-Lok UK's Quick Connectors feature three different product families, the Q series, the Keyed Q Series, and the QF Series.
The easy-to-use Q Series Quick Connectors were designed for use with laboratory and portable test equipment, gauge calibration, sampling systems, biopharmaceutical applications, and gas distribution.
Q, Keyed Q, and QF Series Quick Connectors are very easy to use. No tools are required to couple or uncouple Quick Connectors, and a minimum amount of equipment must be shut down. With Hy-Lok Quick Connectors, there is no possibility of over or under tightening, galling, or cross threading.
Quick Connectors Features
All of Hy-Lok's Quick Connectors are constructed from 316 stainless steel or brass with stem seal O-rings made of NBR, FFKM, Neoprene, or Ethylene Propylene.
Both the Q and QF Series feature Single End Shut Off (SESO) and Double End Shut Off (DESO) models. SESO models have body only shut off, leaving the stem exposed when disconnected. DESO models have both body and stem shut off, minimizing spillage and air inclusion.
Our Keyed Q Series Quick Connectors are color coded. This helps prevent accidental mixing of non-compatible media and the accidents that mixing may cause.
Hy-Lok Quick Connector sizes range from 1/4" to 1" wide. They are rated for use in environments as cold as -10°F (-23°C) and as hot as 400°F (204°C). They can handle a working pressure of up to 6,000 psig (413bar).
Exact Quick Connector specifications vary based on series, model, material, and other factors. Be sure to check the specifications of the precise models that you are considering using.
Hy-Lok recommends that filters always be used with Quick Connectors, and that uncoupled Quick Connectors be protected with dust caps or body and stem protectors. Hanging hoses should be supported to prevent side load. Stem seal O-rings should be lubricated regularly.
Coupling and uncoupling should always be performed during system cleaning and at room temperature. Be sure to keep body and stem aligned while coupling and uncoupling.
- Easy to use
- Minimum equipment shutdown
- No tools required to make or break a connection
- No probability of cross threading, galling, under or over-tightening
- Interchangeable with same type of Swagelok, Parker, Hoke, and TOMCO components
- Single End Shut Off (SESO)
- Double End Shut Off (DESO)
Keyed Q Series
- Can prevent accidents caused by intermixing of different lines in multifluid and multipressure systems
- Easily able to identify same colored bodies and stems
- If same colored bodies and stems are not connected, the valve system will not operate